08 July 2012

LEAN DA results

I know you three have been waiting with baited breath to see the results of the 8 week Brazilian Butt Lift.  Amazing.  Not sure what the word is in Portuguese but amazing.  I should have finished last week but a sore throat and birthday celebration planning got in the way. 

 Day 0, ok actually a bit before zero.  I got started in mid March but then Brenda, hospice and fulfilling her dream of the beach came to fruition.  Weight 175, 27.9 % body fat.
 Four weeks in.  Eight pounds down, 1.5% body fat lost.  The top of my butt disappeared.  Waistline no longer marked with rolls is going in.

9 weeks.  Today's weight 162.2, body fat 25.2%.  Three inches from waist, 3 from bust line (this is the number under the boobs DK), 4 from hips and 3 from each thigh.  Still a bit of work on the saddle bag area, I have only recently upped the booty band and started wearing both ankle weights when I do the high and tight workout.  Most importantly, the haunch lines are going away.  Nothing grosser than back fat/muffin top.  Belly is tightening and once I get back to yoga once a week, that should be gone too.  I will definitely stick with this workout.  I have never so many squats, lunges, leg lifts in my life and my skinny thighs are showing.  Leandro has a way of knowing when you are trying to cheat at an exercise.  "relax your neck, no swinging-only controlled movement, and enough stretching, time to work"  Crazy but Ab ripper from p90x has nothing on Tummy tuck from BBL.  Another side effect is I seem to never sleep in anymore.  Up at 630.  since during the work week, I am usually up by 530 my body seems to just need an additional hour then up!
Diet has really improved.  No more garbage other than the occasional beer and this week enchiladas.  I was hoping to reach 159 by the end of this 8 weeks and probably would have minus the mystery sore throat illness and 3 pans of Chad chiladas in my refrigerator.  I also use LOSEIT.com's tracker.  I have the app on my would be Iphone and write down the calories in and out.  It has me reaching my ultimate goal of 154 by the end of next month which is fine by me.  The online version breaks down your plate, your favorite foods, and other cool stats.  Check it out.  I have earned my 10 pound badge, dedication badge and workout hound badge.  Alright!  I still eat dark chocolate every now and then but I buy it in the Ghiradelli squares, better rationing.   String cheese, berries and almonds are my new snacks.  Always with the hummus in my lunch bucket but now with squash slices or red pepper strips instead of chips or pita.  And the best part of doing this during the summer, all the summer harvest bounties like watermelon, berries, squash, tomatoes, peaches are in peak season.  No wonder all those winter/spring diets fail.
My food weakness will always be carbs.  Nothing like a good bread, pasta, pita, rice.  But now I like my burgers on Sandwich thins, my tortillas are homemade, and not much else.  My sweet tooth has never been the dominant force and it gets a diet soda every now and then for its satisfaction.  I did make a loaf of bread this morning but it won't keep long since it has zero preservatives.  Just like in France, throw it out.  Only eat the good stuff! 
My inspirations for this getting in shape and staying in shape comes in many forms.  Third funeral attended due to cancer since my return home in less than two years.  Having an MRI and the doctor interpret my backside as "far too marbled"- you should work on that.  The gross back fat feeling in a tshirt.  Super moms Melanie and Kelly.  Mel lost her last baby weight in less than a year.  And her starting weight was too close to mine and I didn't have a cute little baby to show for my weight gain.  I also don't have two kids to chase after.  Mine can be locked out when I am in workout mode.  Fit Minds United, we will keep posting and motivating each other.  A post about a workout being 4% of your day (yes do the math), a poster "Your body keeps an accurate journal, regardless of what you write down" and "the more you work out, the weaker his knees get."  No more excuses.  No more "my mom died so I get to eat ice cream for dinner, right?".  No you are not a dog, no food rewards.
I am sure my thyroid is loving this reducing weight.  It helps me stay on track and push harder.  The compliments at work are a steady stream.  Coming back to the tall drink of water status, slowly and surely.  While the weight number matters, the pants keep pulling on better and better so I am excited and staying motivated.  I was able to give Chad a hot wife for his 40th birthday.  And it has encouraged him to try Insanity since his running days are over and the heat of the Houston summer makes outside exercise something we will pick up again in October.
Future goals are reach the end of August number, plank position for more than a minute, fit in my black oriental dress with the red satin lining with no hips tugging the fabric taut (almost there), pushups over 35, finding more ways and recipes to eat foods that I need to eat (quinoa with cinnamon and apple for breakfast is way better than a side dish for dinner), reduce the saddle bags, and continue on.  12 pounds down, more to come!

No comments: