Need to get a pic of our sagging azalea bushes. I remember coming home last year after mom's funeral and being very low only to be picked up by the overflowing love that is our driveway azaleas. I smile every time I see them. Going to go around Htown and photo the scads that are going. And again to Bayou Bend for family day, 11 days. Mark your calendar!
Back from Denver, nothing else to report. Sadness at the finality of the deal. We are moving ahead in the dream trip planning. God willing and all my sitting and meditation skills will have us all in Pensacola, FL on the sugary white beach with crystal blue water as requested by the SIL. Not sure who else is coming but as long as she makes it, miracle.
While in Denver we took in a nephew's chorale concert and another's baseball game. So nice to feel normal and do aunt and uncle stuff. Just makes the Houston routine seem less desirable all the time. In 4 years I predict that Linda will not be 40 in Texas. Not sure where we will be but not here.
Chad and I went to a "session" with a personal coach. She is a nice person but I think a great deal of her industry is hokum. I think yes the world is what you make of it but I certainly don't need someone to coach me through the process. It was good to get Chad talking about things though. He is a true boy and doesn't get in touch with his emotions. We have had some great discussions since then. He was amazed at my openess to discuss highly personal things in front of others. Okay maybe not that personal but talking does get YOU to hear yourself with problems. I think it was a good start and we might even do the weekend retreat type thing. Not committing to the week long program. That would have to be a better location than Austin or Dayton Beach FL, just saying. Cabo San Lucas, South of France, yes I would consider (wink)
Let's see. Oh yes the dog has officially been diagnosed with hip dysplasia by the current vet. Hooray, means that he has a giant prescription bottle of pain meds and will get up and down the stairs with supervision only. Geez, only took 2 scheduled appointments. Kind of like seeing me and dianosing me as blonde, thanks vet.
We planted a dwarf lemon tree in the place of dead magnolia. And I have gladiolas bursting thru the dirt. See dirt therapy, worth every scrubbed knuckle and all. Makes me happy. The planters should be next but I have to work every day this week and possibly this weekend. Need to ramp up time for FL (god willing).
And how good is Spring Bock by my would be employer St. Arnolds Brewery. I would have another but I have a 4 onion tart in the oven and that goes best with a glass of red wine. A Votre Sante mes amies!
14 March 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment