05 February 2012

Items to bring to point

Oh where to begin?  I have finally executed my plan of reducing the size of the desk in the office.  Excellent offerings at Ikea and a solid wood in black desk in tres petit made it home in the Quin.  Still don't really like the placement, current arrangement is the sofa on the window wall ( it is just too big) and the cat box smell is very apparent from current computer presentation.  Could be that the Chad slacked in his pre-vacation duties and forgot to change the dude's litter.   I will check on that later.
Yes the Chad is off skiing in the Canadian Rockies.  No snow in Park City so he and the boys headed for the Great White North.  I hope the snow is good and more that Chad's back holds out.  He managed to tweak it wrong a few weeks ago.  We had to cut a Costco trip in order to get the boy home and Tiger Balmed.  He never likes to cut a Costco trip so you know he was bothered.
On said or is it aforementioned?  Costco trip, we sucked it up and bought new cookware.  Our stuff was Chad's from 2003.  It had started bubbling and cracking.  Copper shouldn't do that so it was in the donate pile fast.  I do cook at home quite a bit.  It did last 8 years and 3 moves so Calaphon is still a respected brand.  Chad decided we should get the whole set at Costco.  Not made in France but then again, not made in China either so splitting the difference.  Yes the french stuff is best quality.  My Le Creuset and amazing TFal products are my show stoppers.  I would buy more if ever back in la France.
Still no luck on the cracking of the Iphone.  it has been currently giving me the Apple of death, any more than 5 minutes on the restore screen can't be good.  Ugh.  I did forward an email from Apple telling Chad that an Ipad 2 would be a great Valentines gift.  He didn't agree.  Shucks!  I will keep trying.  Already addicted to Angry Birds and Gate Guru and C&E News apps.  turns out that my firmware is refusing to unlock the band I need.  Darn blasted.  I guess I have a Ipod touch with a camera until there is a fix in the works...sigh.
Work is work, done with one big project and starting the next one.  Amazing how much there is to do at work.  2 ladies are now out for the month and maybe more.  It was getting rough to find extractions to do.  I hope we are able to find enough work to keep our contractors, they work hard and I know best the threat of the end of work is not a pleasant sight.
I don't watch much television anymore, the reality stuff is really a drag.  Except for the Office (Schrute alone is worth it) and the Big Bang Theory.  How stinking funny is that show?  Is it just because I am such a science geek?  I think so.  And I know many people like that.  Last week, Raj who can't speak around women had an inappropriate relationship with SIRI from the iPhone.  So funny.  
Just realized that I ruined Junior's path to his hot pad and fluffy but eaten bed.  Oops, may need to revisit the current arrangement.  Hmm...
Just throwing this out in case I have more that my usual 3 readers.  Since Chad is once again skiing and planning on a golf trip, it is the ladies turn.  I have long been enamored of Santa Fe (I didn't say it was rational or logical) but there it is.  So I want to take a cooking class and there are many offerings.  I would love to learn how to make true green chile, carne adovada or tamales.  Anyone else wanting to learn or see the New Mexican desert up close.  Probably a good museum for Georgia Okeefe.  
Wow this one sounds like a letter from Mom.  She was a great writer but extremely jumpy in her topics.  I heart my Mommy.  Cheers to all, yes wine was involved but I don't recant.  Never ever recant.  Just be honest and tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Am I one of the usual three? I would love a trip away but alas, it would probably not be in the near future since I have several work-related trips in the next few months. Keep me posted on what comes to mind!