I have declared it official that 2012 has not yet started. The beginning of this year has not gone anywhere according to plan so it never happened. Today is nebulous time while waiting.
Got indoctrinated right at work. The girl I was to help cover for while she was away on maternity leave, got a pass from her baby and got out of work early on Friday. 5 weeks early or so they say. She was big and if she really did need to meet the March 3 due date, the baby would have been huge. So my list of things to do at work has just increased. Good thing we have a full staff to help shoulder this burden. So far my list includes basic casework and now GCMS validations. We will be trackable and traceable when I am done. So far, 3 nightmares of the binder of information that needs to be documented. 3. Yikes!
I can say the best part of this new job duty is that I am solitary so I crank the tunes or better yet, the NPR podcasts. Radio signal is bad in the building and this way I don't miss anything. Smarter already. The transcontinenal pipeline, Iran problems, the amazing stem cell research involving the eyeball are fresh on my mind. Beware people. Don't start a game of wits without being loaded.
One of the best NPRs today was an episode on the explosion that is the wedding industry. It has long been documented on my hatred and detest for the planning and spending that is the current trend. People, one day. Granted a very important day but do you really need budget invitations that cost $2K. No, pretty certain you don't. Callers indicated that they spent little money on the wedding. Probably not as little as Chad and I did but there you go. $30 target dress, courthouse and Champps happy hour after the fact. Three cheers. I saw pictures of my mother's wedding, aunt's and cousins from the 60-70s and the only reception was cake and punch. I still think the best wedding (sorry it wasn't yours) was a neighbor. She was dirt poor, hubby was in the Army and dirt poor so we did what we always did. Pot luck. Keg beer was provided but all the food was the neighborhood favorites. Music was local collection pooled. great wedding. Military to boot so about 90 second ceremony and 3 hour party. Alright!
Another episode was on meditation, a subject near and dear to my heart. When I fell like I did on the 1st of the year, I sit. Concentrate on the breath and "watch" my thoughts. Instantly better and focused. Mindfulness, it works.
And best of all this week the resignation of Gabrielle Giffords. Imagine where she was last year and where she is now. Now I had a pretty rough year but she wins. My problems are temporary and now mostly of my own making. Life is good and going to get better. Why you ask, because the best it yet to come!
29 January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment