23 December 2011
Monkey says Merry Christmas
Sorry it is sideways. Turns out the trusty Movie maker on Windows is way more user friendly than the Mac version, who knew? This was inspired by Secret Santa. I found another one on clearance and it had to come home with me. I am the Monkey girl. Never been a big Sock Monkey girl though, until now.
Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care. A bit sad this is my first year without the Marge stocking. She would put the oddest things in there. Post it notes (wouldn't you know we are lacking) pens, nail files, whiteout, hair ties, playdough, the generic crispy chocolate santa, and other stuffs. I got a bit of that for us anyways, has to feel like Christmas right?
Been cooking, working and playing hard this December. Grateful for these few days off, Chad and I will be taking it easy. Eating way too much, sleeping in late, and general nothingness.
Found out how easy it is to make fudge in America in 2011. Put parchment in a lipped cookie sheet. Empty one bag of chocolate chips. Put pan in a 350 degree oven for 2 minutes, only 2. Take out pan, empty one 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk, one teaspoon of vanilla and crazy handfuls of nuts, walnuts for this batch. Stir together and then slap the parchment paper containing fudge in a deeper pan ( like my trusty IKEA glass 9 by 8) and go sit in the refrigerator. Slice it up and bam, easy fudge with minimal clean up. Who ever came up with this whole oven melting idea needs a Nobel prize. No more chocolate pans to clean up, genius!
My family traditional Christmas bread is way too labor intensive for this working girl. Plus the batch makes about 4-5 loaves. I can't have that much in the house and at this late date most of our friends are off at their Christmases and no one to share it with. I cheated and made my dad's birthday cake aka Prisnuts. Nothing nutty about this stuff. Ham, bacon, cheese, green onion, eggs and just enough flour to make it slice-able. Omelette you can slice pretty much sums it up. So good and it will be tasty this afternoon for our beer tasting.
Hope your Christmas is merry and bright. Mine will be a touch blue but hopefully the chilly weather stays so I can cuddle with all my boys, Chad, Junior and Berlin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment