Snooty girl here. Yes I am a member of MFAH, thank you. I walked up to the Audrey Beck building of the museum complex to this.
It is blurry but what do you notice about it? Absolutely in English with only a French translation. Ha. Nice pieces in this small exhibition. Furniture from 18th Century France really does it for me. I mean full skirt blown up. The detail of rose petals from a wooden piece of furniture, great. There was a great map book that showed the 7th from Hotel Invalides to St. Germain des Pres (with full pres aka prairies) instead of todays buildings buildings buildings. My bank branch should have showed on this map.
My walk to my car passed by St. Thomas. I could have gotten it without the tree but it is still slightly visible. Trees that aren't dead.
Again my walk to my car. I heart the oaks. I drove straight from work and passed Hermann Park. I was driving so couldn't take pictures of its dying trees. So sad.
My funny of the night was of course while in the exhibition full of people. The crowd, museum setting, seeing lovely French pieces must have set something off in my head. I turned sharply at one point almost taking out the ladies next to me with my giant but beautiful Longchamp purse. I quickly took in the event and said "Pardon" but not as you would say it. Thru the nose with no N at the end. A quick "Pardon" ran away from my lips. I don't think anyone noticed my french was showing.
I think I will be back with Chad this weekend if we can get there. I wish I hadn't volunteered for work tomorrow to take full advantage of the district wide free day. But I do need the comp time to serve for fill in for doggie dental appointment, heading to Austin early day, and other fill in spots. Off to bed for another workday.


No comments:
Post a Comment