29 August 2011

Cracked hands

As I have been needed on the bench (without break since 8/1 my hire date), I tend to wash my hands more and more.  Led to dried cracked hands which have actually broken skin.  Couple that with the building I work in only orders latex gloves (I will digress about this later) and our amazing drought and lack of hydration amongst all lab workers and an order to Yves Rocher was essential.
My mother turned me on to this Yves Rocher stuff in June 2007.  Lip gloss and hand lotion.  The lip stuff, okay but the Arnica lotion is the stuff dreams are made of.  Not greasy, not expensive like the other brands FISHERMAN lotion, and good for hands and nails.  I bought several and the night repair lotion as well.  Good stuff and lovely in French.  They are everywhere in France, kind of like Body Shop without the big price tag.  Arnica hand lotion A+.
Latex gloves allow fingerprints to be expressed, I bet you didn't know that.  If you are ever going to steal a diamond ala the Muppet Caper, wear white cotton gloves.  No prints and just about every surface has white fibers on it.  Plus working with blood (our blank blood is sheep from CO), the light color shows everything.  I look like a mess after prepping for an extraction.  Back to the fingerprints, you can even get a bit of DNA (yes I said it) will be expressed.  You can even find compounds like sunscreen and shave lotion which can help you narrow down the sex of the Fingerprinter.
Songs that I have currently on rotation (again I sit with test tubes most of the day so a bit of entertainment is crucial) include Mercy Buckets, Right as Rain, and You never know.  I made a playlist of all the deep tracks from free samplers, old cds and other random music I have picked up over the years.  Makes me smile.  While toiling for 10 hours.
Can't really say much other than I seem very busy at home and work.  My old lady knees are prevented full p90x exercises but I am still trying my best to stick to the diet.  If I can't sweat it out, I will eat like a saint.  Mostly.  I doubt Tony Horton has this many Coke Zeros but then again he has no idea what PMS does to a mostly rational woman.  Crazy  I tell you.

No comments: