My happy anniversary roses. I thought we were on a strict NO GIFT rule but Chad always finds a way to sneak one in. Tons of sushi too for dinner. Hit Zake for happy hour and never go hungry again. The salmon was amazing. Off diet most of that night but hit it hard the next day.
Wednesday's photos. What is this liquid stuff on my driveway? Could it be rain. Now we only need about 23 1/2 more inches of the stuff to catch up to H-town annual levels. We are now on water restrictions. Even numbers get to water on Sundays and Thursdays. Odd on Mondays and Wednesday and only between 8pm and 10 am. I swear you can watch the evaporation process in front of your eyes during the day. We have even watered our foundation. A friend in Spring had a water line break under his driveway. The good expansion soil foundation cracked when the soil contracted severely after so much non-existent rainfall. Ouch.
Even Berli had to get used to walking under an umbrella again. I can say I don't miss the wet dog smell but I would welcome it to save the foundation of my house, my magnolia trees and the beautiful oaks around Rice Stadium.
Warms my heart to listen to podcasts from the Diane Rehm show Friday news roundup and hear "Patty from Woodlands TX says..." or "Dick from Sugarland..." Yah, there are other smart and informed citizens in the greater Houston area. Warms my heart I tell you.
Been a movie hound lately. I saw "Sarah's Key" which was heartbreakingly beautiful. One of those reading movies for the most part, my french is escaping me. Off to see "One Day" this morning and maybe "Our Idiot brother" I will see tomorrow during all of Chad's fantasy football drafts.
Time for my infamous egg white turkey bacon on double fiber english muffin. Who says this is diet food, I am eating like a king!
27 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment