Finally getting around to this. iMac had some annoying pop up malware that impeded most internet-ting yesterday. No I didn't buy any viagra, or gay porn. I swear.
Our view from the resort. I would recommend the resort as it was an 18+ only resort. While I love kiddos, don't need them to see me drinking and really don't need them to pee in the swim up bar pool.
A couple resorts down was goofy roof. Hilarious as one year we got a SKI Colorado postcard from Chad's Mom showing someone skiing on the roof of the Denver airport. We would end up dining there one day.
Money shot of Chad and I. Maxing and relaxing.
Our snack bar was transformed at night. Not just a place to satisfy your mid day hunger that didn't require a shirt for service. Pretty at night.
Without fail, tacky tourist pictures. This whole strip was called Plaza Confetti, uber tacky. We spent minimal time in downtown. Just the same old Mexican shops just aching for tourist with money.
Detail of Goofy roof from inside. This resort for our snorkel cruise luncheon was a kid friendly facility. That kid pool was dirty and murky. But they did have an ingenious foot pool to get your feet sand free before getting our lunch.
Our resort beach bar had swings. With my aforementioned sunburned back side, this was not as enjoyable as originally thought. But I did manage one pic while not recalling my childhood. Although the cheap tupperware glass and swing are right, I never had rum punch in my cup.
Crystal waters. We snorkeled 4 of the 5 days. The reef right under our beach was good, full of fishes and one lobster. Tuesday's cruise showed us both what gorgeous reefs can look like. I mean Nemo could have lived there. Columbia Shallows was the best. Turtles, a couple of nurse sharks, several rays, a 6 foot long barracuda, puffers, a flounder, super trigger fish and we think a big tuna were spotted. Our beach animal bingo cards were well stamped with all that face(in the water) time. My all time favorite were these fish called Sargent Majors. Cute school that would collect around us as we swam. One took a nibble and they were incredibly tame. My favorite beauty fish was a angel fish black with yellow pinstripes and the most brilliant blue bottom fin. One of these days, we will get a good case for a camera to take down with us. I have tried the dispo ones and you run out of film too fast.
Our big cruise (just a longer boat ride) was hilarious. Our beach bingo cards got the full banana hammock check off. Whoa, white is never a good banana hammock color. Once in the water, we noticed most of our fellow cruisers were vertical in the water. Really funny to be out snorkeling with a whole lot of people who don't even get their face in the water. Horizontal people, horizontal. One couple swam with hands clenched, ah no. And we had several people return to the boat before the guide had us go. Couldn't handle the drift float in the water. I know several people who can't swim and now I am determined to get them to try it. Just float and stick your face in the water.
More items on our beach bingo card (got to have something to pass the time) included a wedding spotting (two dresses on the inbound flight and service Thursday at our resort), No Australians (shocking), 3 or more turtles (4 total), no beach rescue or anyone tripping in the pool spotted.
We were upgraded to first class for both flights (thank you Elite status). Funny was Sunday morning at the Presidents club, you couldn't get alcohol because of TX state law. But we got seated in seats 1E & F and instantly offered booze. Made me laugh. We had a great time without (much) tv, internet or other distractions. Just a good beach vacation where you melt away the world. Gracias Cozumel!
10 May 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment