Try to restrain yourself, just like my little gnome here. Geranium blooms in sight! Linda, oh Linda how does your garden grow? Not with any black thumbs like my poor mother had. She bragged about how she kept tulips alive last year for a week. Really all my dad on this one. Or better yet, Chad's dad, Jerry. Master gardener. I hope he is tinkering in heaven with tomatoes and sending me all the good tricks.
Pretty awesome. Here is the first pepper of the season. Hot banana pepper plant bore first fruit. It wins!
Spicy Tabasco pepper plant in a close third.
Tomatillo plant is soundly winning at the quantity contest. The tag on the plant did say "prolific bearer." I wonder if in the plant world it means whorish? I mean I am going to be swimming in the salsa verde in 60 days. What a way to go.
My piece de resistance. Ah, as only someone who knows, fresh herbs make all the difference. Sweet basil, basil, cilantro, curly and flat italian parsley and dill. Beauty and taste, like this blog writer.
Ready for your close up, Basil? Yes Mr. DeMille. And with all the lovely azaleas in the background. I thought azaleas were only in bright pink but no. White and pale pink versions too. Tomorrow I am headed to Bayou Bend house for a gander at how spring is treated Miss Hogg's house and garden. Sure to take plenty of flower photos.
19 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Very nice and azaleas come in oh so many colors other than bright pink even if that is all we have in our yard! Have a great week!
Post a Comment