Freaking Blogger is resistant to the MAC ways. One of these times I will tame the photo uploader to choose just the pictures that I have chosen to save in iPhoto.
Tada! My new bathroom shade with cordless lift system. Quite fancy for the kitty's bathroom but at the price of $14.99, I couldn't refuse. My installer was able to cut it to fit, custom other than the length but who the heck cares. Junior will be pleased that no one is able to gawk at him while he is eating or visiting his box. Bed Bath and Beyond was closing them out. The others on non-closeout were $19.99. And gulp, a 1/10 of the cost of the fancy schmancy ones I got for the upstairs bathrooms. 1/10. Goodbye Hunter Douglas, Hello savings!
Quite blurry but this is the current temp in Chez Nickell. We are on AC mode for the third floor. Gnome jammies have been washed and put away until February or the next arctic blast arrives in H-town.
More on my Quelle Bargain path. I wanted one of those fancy schmancy (there is another word but I can't think of it) chef mats for the area by the sink. I spend a lot of time at the sink, rinsing, washing. Chad does too with his perfect dishwasher loading skills. But at $100 bones a shot, we kept passing. I found this gel cushion chef mat at my local Big Lots while shopping for bargain priced cups and plates for next week's game. $17. Are you kidding me. Again almost 80% savings from the original item. What a lucky and cheap shopper have I been? Indeed.
My piece de resistance. The gorgeous and cord keeper top down/bottom up shade. Again cordless lift for the bottom up system and the cords for the top down function are retractable (think pump action in a pull chain). Again BBB for $59.99. A bit more than my awesome savings of 10% for the potty shade but still a huge price difference with the HD designer ones that I had dreams about. Super nice and now no more blue painters tape holding up the temp shade. My computer is protected as one can only see in thru the top 6-8 inches of the window. Junior will be up on the cabinets to look down on this. Super happy. I think I will be replacing all the &^$@ shiny shirt roman shades on the 2nd floor quite soon. Loving this!
Bathroom shade with cordfree lift system in full mode. Thank you again BBB for saving me money, time in ordering custom shades and for overall being a great and pleasant place to shop. I also threw in a 2011 calendar of Italy. We have checked off most of the month's locales but still got me thinking of another trip to plan.
My homage to Hani the pizza guy from Paris. I hope you are doing well in Normandy. I tried to recreate your Celeste pizza (cherry tomatoes, argula, parmesan shaves and proscuitto.) Note, proscuitto is not a good pizza meat, too thin. It does need to be San Danielle ham. Next time I will try again after visiting our local Italian market. It is dimanche so of course, closed today.
In full planning mode for a vacation. Thinking maybe March and the Caribbean. A nice combo. Trying to use miles but I will see how that goes. Antigua, St Maarten, Jamaica have been thrown out there. Jamaica has an adults only resort with all inclusive and includes bar dispenser in the room. I will post more about that joyous event when we book.
Off to make famous Chad Salads for my little installer and runner. He is in "training" for the Rodeo run, and MS150 ride to Austin. Plenty more salads in our future.
Next week we are hosting a Super Bowl party. I bought yellow cakemix, manly sportive motif cupcake holders and black/green frosting to honor the participants. Yellow is their shared color. Thanks for making that easy on me. Also cheese sandwiches and steak sandwiches will be served with usual foot ball spread. Bring your own beer if you don't like it hoppy. Or crack into one of many bottles of the good stuff. Why not, I don't have to work on that following Monday.
30 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment