As one of my dear friends reminded me, Happy Robby Burns Day to each and all of you. Scottish drinking holiday. Aren't they all?
Fully enjoying my Wednesday through Saturday schedule. Not the working days but the three free days strung together. I cleaned the whole house (even the toilets and toilet areas for the pets). bonus points for me. Then off to play the next two.
Found cordless pleated honeycomb blinds. I will have a full report once my installer gets them up. He has friends in town and a trip to Chicago so it could be until Sunday. But if they are good, I will fully and loudly endorse them here. I love the pricey designer ones I had installed last fall but if these self-install ones are good, I am replacing all the shiny shirt roman shades in Chez Nickell. Even in top-down, bottom up functionality. That way I can be naked and avoid laundry and not scandalize the whole neighborhood. Probably too much information but hey, why not.
I was driving unsafely today but I did it for you, loyal readers. Only in TX have the natives gone restless. Or crazy. Really Buicks don't deserve this treatment. Check out the next two photos.
Check out the tire additions. I felt like drag racing like in Grease. I would have caught up with him but I was laughing a bit too hard. Plus someone who has this treatment on their car might also have a gun. It is Texas.
Phoenix recap, trip was rushed and included a few trips to my rental house. Need more things done to it, as all homes turning 6 years old need. Ugh, all this for a home I only resided in for 11 months.
Did a bit of a North Mountain hike with the Sis on Monday. I would have taken one of downtown but the valley and inversion don't photog well. A nice layer sits on the city most of the winter. Welcome! Saw a few friends, saw plenty of Mom (we went thru her address book so expect more mail!) and got a bit of Kindle training. She then promptly in Marge fashion went back into the hospital after I left. Fluid drained and a touch of E.Coli infection (yes indeed where I get my immune system from) later and all is well, FOR NOW.
Shopping at IKEA I found a pineapple plant. Just decorative but cute none the less. Another reminder that I need a beach vacation.
Such a disappointing find today. I spotted a small cafe/with pastries but it was on Sunday and like most French things, dimanched! But Mardi, c'est ouvert! I dropped in and got a pain au chocolat (one stripe, the cheapos) and a baguette. Cross that one off the list, not good. I should just ask for them to squish the bread and only buy it if sounds appropriate. Another bites the dust. The baguette search continues! I will find one or perfect my own recipe. As God as my witness, I will not go hungry again!
Watched Inception and was a bit disappointed. As if. But it was funny that the last movie I saw Marion Cotillard in was "La Vie en Rose" (Edith Piaf life story) and the song they use in Inception to signal the end was the Rien rien song. You know, the one from Bull Durham. Ha ha ha. And went to see the King's Speech today. Excellent film. I had heard plenty on NPR regarding the film and it did not let me down. I have a bit of crush on Colin Firth. Especially when he is stringing together the bluest phrases to prove that his character doesn't always stammer.
All else is well. I finally got a set of antibiotics for the beastly cough that is approaching 8 weeks in duration and a pulmon-doctor (not sure what title is) appointment if that doesn't work. Cross your fingers, throw some salt over the shoulder and pray that this works.




No comments:
Post a Comment