What I did this weekend and then catch up...
Went to the Museum of Fine Arts Houston. I know how la di da of me. I went to see the screening of the film "Kings of Pastry." It is a film that details three pastry chefs and their chase for the MOF Meilleurs Oeuvre de France, pretty much the best pastry chef in France. Only MOFs are allowed to wear the tri-color collar. Ever one else is subject to plain white. Really like the hardest thing. Anyways, not really a french movie but some subtitles, not exhaustively reading though. Made me miss my boulangerie more and more.
Then I gandered around to have a look at what is in the collection. Nice things, some ancient items, a couple of Rodin sculptures (love them) and plenty of other good art pieces. I will go back for free museum Sundays, hooray it followed us (?) here.
Then in preparation for Halloween, I scraped the guts out my former centerpiece and got this out of the deal. Still think it is funny that most carvers still go in the top. Not me, I am a bottom. Then the candle is sure to be on a flat surface. Aha. Next year I will bust out the Dremel.
so life as a worker bee is going well. I am learning new things on the same old computers and instruments so it is going well. I do like to learn. Changing my hours around to match up with the trainers so I am an early bird currently and switching to later at the end of the week. Chad will appreciate that. The dog and cat are still a bit freaked that both of us are up and out of the house. Poor kids. Latchkeys at heart.
I do love that Chad gets to load the dishwasher. He does such a good job at it anyways. We are still figuring out all the remaining chores. One week, still going and in love with each other.
Found a great haircut in Houston. I will tell you I hold the frequent shopper card at Ulta and figured to try out their salon services. Fantastic, at least the one assigned to the hair-issue-girl. We did a consult, then a good scrubwash, then cut and the sectioned blowout. I love the section blowout and wish I could spend 30 minutes getting my hair awesome. I will return around Christmas time.
Going brainaic and reading two books at one time. I have the new Bill Bryson (warning, not as hilarious as previous offerings but still a good read) At Home and This I know is true by the same guy who did She's come undone. You know, another writer who is now cashing big checks thanks to that reader Oprah Winfrey and her minons. Fun to have a book on the bedside and at work.
Learning about my new iMac computer as well. I haven't put much on it, still working on what to move over and how. Concerned about Itunes as I don't want all of Chad's music. I am sure there will be an app for it sooner or later.
Officially not an aunt. The saga has ended and not the way we wanted. Pray for some other knocked up girl (who is not a liar) to give her child to my friends to be amazing parents. Accepting but grouchy that one simple lie was all it took. "Tell the truth, tell the truth, tell the truth!"
My wordless wednesday didn't go as planned. I will try try try to keep that one going but I can't really promise to get a cool and interesting picture every Workday wednesday. Unless you want to see buildings on my daily commute. Maybe another giant alligator will do a huge splash down in the bayou as I drive over? That would be sweet!
01 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment