05 November 2010

slacker post

Been quite the slacker in the blog column.  Still in adjustment mode to working again.  I have crashed out well before 10 pm twice this week.  I mean hard crash.  One was due to antihistiamines but the other was just the 7 am start time taking its toll.
Work is good.  Learning all kinds of stuff.  Got to break out of my timid shell to really get things going but otherwise, all good.  I am highly allergic to mold (twice in AZ had major attacks) and now the instrument room is right near a weeping wall.  Super.  I have started taking the allergy meds again in preparation of building up my tolerance.  The weeping wall is not going away but I do need to sit right by it on a daily basis.
Hating the daily commute home.  Hate it.  I miss the RATP more than you will know.  People are always astonished to hear for 2.5 years, we didn't have or desire a car.  Got to love the old country, they know how to move people efficiently.  Whereas Houston, no desire what so ever to have/implement public transportation of any use.
Loving the bag out boys (I use the term with the highest love) at high time at the grocery store.  The off peak baggers get thrown by my reusable bags every time.  But these peak shopping time employees know how to get it done.  The reusable bags take it and don't break, fill it UP!  Then make it so I don't need to do 2 trips up the stairs to unload.  Gold Stars and bell was rung!
I did filch on WW but I do have one, just need the timing to be right to snap off the shot.  I promise to get one for next week.  It is classic.
And once again, it is the most wonderful time of the year.  Yes, Virginia, you can buy St. Arnold's Christmas Ale.  Oh, the good stuff.  A dark rich mix of goodness that after two, has everyone in the holiday mood.  Should go well with my turkey two bean chili, non-imported Fritos and pre-shredded orange cheddar cheese.
The French and Houstonians have something elemental in common.  they both bundle up once the temperature hits below 70.  Really you don't need the wooly scarf or down coat in Houston but go ahead.  It makes you feel better.  I do admit to wearing fleece at work, the temp is set at chilly temps all day.   I am too busy enjoying not having the AC on that I don't worry about bundling.  Although weekend temps are close to frost levels.  But Houston, I HAVE A CAR.  No problem.  Advantage Houston.
Bon weekend to you.  I am set for more learning and maybe Free Museum Sunday will get a go.

No comments: