21 October 2010- Recap on the screen on stove pipe. It is working like a charm. I can hear those tool carrying birds when they try to lift the louvers of the vent. Ha ha, birds. Unless you are a gnat, you aren't getting thru the screen mesh now. Hooray to my heros at MM roofing! Usually we are quite accomodating here at Chez Nickell but birds, stay out of my vent.
My final days of housewifedom are upon me. That is right, I am gainfully employed as of Monday at 8am. Back at the lab, more instruments and sharing. Nice to get out of the house on a regular basis, let the pets know that I am not despite the past months (years for Junior) at their beck and call, and get a real paycheck. Let the spending begin. I will do my best to stimulate the economy of Houston at least thru the Apple Store (Vista 'puter your days are numbered), hanging tv (which means I get Jon Stewart to talk me into a good night's sleep) and later date pay down the underwater shed that is my property in Arizona. Vive travailler!
Spent two long hours at the doctor yesterday. Should have expected it, lots of New Year Celebratory babies are in the mix and it meant for a long day at that office. Note to self (and readers): never schedule a well woman check up in October. Just means lots of pregnant women are in front of you in the queue.
And since it is October, check those girls. Yes squeeze the tatas and check yourself. You never can tell and you are your best defense against breast cancer. I carry my pink Longchamp purse in honor of my friend, sister in law, mother in law. No more need be added to that list.
What else, oh yes Chad is getting trained on household care again. Since I have not worked, I said all household duties were mine. Now we get to share. He is nervous about cooking again, probably needs training on the vacuum and washing machine, and must empty the recycling bucket. I am very glad to give that up. Going to leave to get the house sparkly clean now. Starting with a clean slate, clean house.
21 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Unfortunately, I think those pregnant women are ahead in line no matter what time of year it is. I'll let you know when I go the first part of November.
Post a Comment