25 September 2010- Hold on to your hats. This was what I consumed today. A giant 1/2 burger with bacon. If you cannot recognize the bacon, it is because it was deep fried. Horribly good and now I must pay for it. Only vegetables and a slab of salmon (good fats) for dinner tonight to counteract this heart attack. And to think I could have gotten it with a fried egg as well. I just felt my blood stop...
I saw a program on a food tv show and it named the best chicken fried steak in TX as being in Tomball. Just a bit north of Houston for those without intimate Texan geography knowledge. In nearby Snooker, TX they have deep fried bacon but it seems Christian's Tailgate has been doing this for years. And this one is within walking distance of Chez Nickell. Excellent beer selection as well. Many apologies to Bubbas and waitress Cookie as the Tailgate wins! I may die tomorrow but I die knowing how good deep fried bacon can taste.
I finally found the cord to get the pictures off my phone on to the computer and therefore on to the blog. Ideal plate in Phoenix, Cancer does suck!
My last conversation with my father was about his meals at the hospice center. Granted at the end of life, they should be serving you some pretty good food but my dad kept dropping the word champagne into the conversation. I highly doubt the hospice center had champagne but we at Chez Nickell always keep a bottle handy. And when I heard my dad passed away, what a better way to cheer him off with some champagne? Here's to you Pops. Still miss you like now other but always cheers!
And for Madame D. For sale, your own bit of Paris. The fools at World Market call this a Roman bistro set but they are clearly mistaken. For one, the word bistro is Russian for fast and as far as I know, the Russkies never made it that far south to Italy. Parisian all the way!
I also found my pictures of "Vivre, Aimer, rire: le boneheur Quoi!" Live love laugh, what a pleasure! and learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow!
And to my friends who were my willing hands in helping move my mom's stuff, Enjoy your weekend peeps, you are so awesome!
25 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment