23 September 2010

Two sets

23 September 2010- Officially fall so my summer of 2010 is over. Whew, not sure how much more of that I could have taken.
Yes, we own two sets of bull horns. I got the first set when it was announced that I would be moving to Houston. I found them on my work computer screen. ha ha. The second set was a Nickell family Christmas present. Much drama ensued as the sender didn't pay the full duty (importing animal goods to the EU) so I had a nasty brown uniformed worker demanding a 60 euro check. He didn't know they was also jerky in the package otherwise I am sure the check would be bigger. Note to self: Never ever send animal parts to a foreign country. Just the butter and that only comes this way, the French stuff is awesome!!!
The temperature has reduced slightly but the bugs are still in full force. I have a gecko and lizard battling for the top of the garbage can rights as they can sit there and feast all day long on the critters.
And speaking of critters, we have something living in our attic. Not Junior, he lately has been lounging on my kitchen counters which doesn't make me happy. I bought traps and bait. Chad has to set them, I refuse. The old school snappy ones. Praying it is just a squirrel. Squirrel I tell you.
And of course it is only now fall so this critter (species unknown) or a relative may have inadvertently chewed on something they shouldn't have. Our can lights in the master bath that light over the shower and tub are dead. No power. The electrician disassembled all the switches (external can light switch: working, over mirror lights: working, toilet light and fan: working, closet light: working, jacuzzi: working) and found just those two lights are failing. He too suspects that something chewed the wire. Great, two bodies to clean up. Twos, twos, twos.
Vista computer is on its last legs. It refuses to install either printer/scanner so it must be stopped. If anyone wants to get me a present, make it a Mac. We can suck it up with the tv for longer but the Vista computer must go.

No comments: