28 September 2010- Check her out! No I was not trolling the Barbie aisle. Okay yes I was. That girl has it all. Now she comes in Full Eiffel regalia, there also was a Statue of Liberty but since I have never actually been there, ET girl gets the blog posting. Vive la France! My friend had cued me into the return of the Peaches and Cream barbie. Now we are old, when they bring back our previous Barbie incarnations from our childhood, officially old. And the stupid doll has 18 pairs of shoes for $14. As if that is real...
Just perused the Crate and Barrel online catalog and the aisles of my local Target to see all the crap that is available for sale. It really bothers me that so much time and energy is spent in getting us to buy all this stuff. Really does anyone need "charcuterie papers for 9.95", I doubt it. And the little piggy zinc toothpicks for an additional 9.95? All the typical Halloween characters (vampire, mummy, skeleton) in Nutcracker form? It is funny and appalling at the same time. Why so much stuff? I just don't understand this whole thing anymore. I can't imagine the storage space (and those storage units are costly$$) taken up by this stuff. People stuff you have to dust is still and will always be stuff you have to dust. I should know, one of my top chores to put off until enormous tumbleweed dust balls appear.
Now for a confession. I am oddly consumed by the vine pumpkins craze. I am sure to find some on today's errands so I will post a photo later. Why to buy but I always resist. No need for more dusting and no space to store such a item. I will be at Crate and Barrel later though. I did find a mix for an apricot spice baked brie, yummy. Consumable items always permitted! Especially tasty and delicious sounding ones like that. The caramel frosting/apple cookie mix was a big thumbs up from World Market. More personal shopping tips for those who care.
They have changed Blogger settings again so I am getting used to this new stuff, forgive me if any inadvertent pictures or italics pop up.
I finished my "Committed" book and strongly recommend it for anyone who has been married, considering getting married or otherwise. I saw myself in many of her arguements pro and con marriage. It disgusts us both that our option to marry for a visa while essential is annoyingly heterosexual biased. We both agree that a ceremony is not necessary. And while commited to this person, they are never to be your everything in this world. A significant chunk but never the basis for life, happiness and existence. That is a lot to ask of love.
I also finished my other book (how very bookish of me) The Paris Vendetta. A good pulp read which made me miss Paris even more. Only one glaring Paris geographical error : one would never take a taxi from Palais Royal to the Louvre, even in the rain. forgive me, one of my "this one time when I lived in Paris" snotty girl outlooks Even better, one of the characters was named Ashby. I hope I have another book in the queue, got a long flight to Seattle soon.
Still no sign of the critter in the attic. Hopefully the squirrel is enjoying the coolness of the sudden fall weather H-town is revelling in. Chad said the queue for parking at the Park yesterday was absurd, wrapped around and thru the stop sign. Good weather will always bring out the people.
I got my passport and my completion to alter ego Linda Nickell is complete. Of course I will always turn to the call of Ashby. Even after 42 years, my mom responds to her maiden name. Now passport in hand, where to go? Of course I need to be gainfully employed but I do have plenty of miles to cash in. Several round trip tickets are available. Maybe to Germany to see my Major, Ireland to check in on a neighbor, or a quick trip with empty suitcase to Paris. Need some stock up on cheap cheese, the best bread and a couple cans of duck. Been missing those like no other. Off to errand. Maybe the baked brie goodness will tide me over?
28 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am with you about the duck. Brian's going to Paris in the future for work so he's going with our empty suitcase.
I LOVE crate and barrel's fall stuff! Got a 10% off my entire purchase coupon, so definitely going there soon.
I have a thing for pumpkins and vines too. I am lovin' all the mini pumpkins and gourds available at our nearby farms for decorations. Then I think about all the bugs it will attract and think, "NOT."
Post a Comment