14 May 2010

So long guest room

14 May 2010- My guest room is officially the storage room now. No more guests unless they want to hike over the wine boxes, luggage and clothing awaiting them. Starting to make my piles after the moving guy came for his estimate. Estimate of boxes mind you, Uncle AL picks up the bill. Woo hoo!
How is this for scam of the century? To move Junior over to France took me to the vet twice for the vaccines, microchips and general health certificate for him to fly. A friend took him to the airport the day we landed in Paris and I picked him up after paying a customs fee at cargo/customs. Overall about $650 and our friend who dropped him at the airport got the mileage for Junior's flight. A relo company offered to pick him up, get him on the plane and then deliver him to us for $4000. Are you kidding me? $4K to do delivery. I know how much it costs and it ain't no $4000. They fly Continental as well since they have the best pet policy and IAH is fully equipped. I think we are going to self import the Kitty, thank you very much. I managed to get the kitty out of cargo/customs with ZERO french, should be able to drop him off with my substandard french.
Although with his attitude this morning at 7 am, I am tempted to leave him here with Mme. Da Silva. Very much like a child today. A child we then locked into the living room so we could sleep more.
Nothing else, I am sick again, what else is new? These old world germs are going to get me. A nice hacking cough and general fluish symptoms this time. If the lungs start, I am pulling out the secret stash of ZPACK our US doctor gave us. Take that Old World, conquered by the super power antibiotic!

No comments: