address will come to those with email later, post inspection and option period. 3 Story, 3 Bedrooms, 3.5 baths with a nice (no white cabinets)kitchen, large living space, minimal carpet, dog run behind the house, balcony on the front of the house, and two large closets in the master. Oh and the previous owner left the surround sound speakers and electronics. Chad doesn't have to set up a thing except the TV. Don't even get me started on that one. Great house about 3 blocks from the previous Houston pad. But...
We celebrated our victorious hunt at Candelaris (still walking distance away from Chez Nickell) and then Dessert Gallery for some good old American sugar rush. Their diner cake is simple: yellow cake, chocolate frosting. So good. Of course I didn't even come close to eating all the frosting but I gave it my all. Chad's was some painful turtle cake. Made the teeth ache. New Chez Nickell is also walking distance away from our dentist.
After much hunting and pre-shopping, we decided to treat ourselves to a ball game and celebrate Mothers Day for our moms. Since the ballpark is where I first met Chad, always good to visit. Stros versus my second home town, San Diego.
Chad and I playing with our oranges from our beers. They sell Blue Moon at the ballpark and Shock Top. No (clap clap clap clap) Deep in the Heart of Texas singing. Sunday the song is God bless America and then Take me out to the ballpark. The Astros are miserable this year but managed to win in extra innings.
We rented a Prius for the car this trip. Crazy that you push a button and get nothing but a light display. No sound. Then in reverse, it beeps like a front loader in reverse but only on the interior. Should be outside to warn people that your car is actually on and moving. Radio still stinks in Houston so add Aux plug as essential equipment on cars under consideration. Ugh, don't even get me started on that shopping trip. Chad's list keeps expanding but we are starting to get a short list.
We are heading off to Paris for the last time. Quite hopeful about this move. I do love Paris but ready to be home where I can call my family or at least send annoying texts without too much worry of looking at a clock. We walked the park on Saturday morning and I am so excited to be getting my dog back. I saw some of his old victims of terror in the 'hood. Warning, warning, the beast is returning!
Countdown to June 10th! The day we return to Houston as US residents. And the day I earn Silver Elite on Continental Airlines. See living overseas has lots of benefits. If the flights are running and Volcanos start behaving!

1 comment:
Sweeet!! So nice that you guys are in Houston! Are you going back to your old job?
Post a Comment