4 May 2010- Trying to get motivated to go donate my stuff that I collected last week. Last week the weather was too nice, so I left Paris. This week, yucky (I needed the coat, scarf and gloves) so I don't venture too far from home. Must do it. Must. It is clogging up space in our former guest room.
Our gardienne is so chatty these days. She continues to invite us to visit her in Portgual after retiring from here. We even gossipped a bit. We both think Mme L from the fourth floor is crazy. I knew it! She is going to miss us and be sad. She was very worried about us leaving to househunt and then she is leaving Saturday for a long needed vacation. The Junior will be alone in the apartment for 3 days only. He will be fine. I think she needs this vacation. Her husband has been in Portgual since before Easter so she is probably a bit lonely. And a lot of work to do by oneself taking care of the building. I will miss seeing her almost daily. Always happy.
Got a good portion of our stuff for sale sold. Hooray. There is a new expat who might buy all the appliances off us. We are still holding out hope for the owner or next tenants to make an offer. We had our pre-departure visit from the relocation company. Got a few things to do around the house (caulk, magic eraser the walls, grease the doors/windows) but since I am a clean freak, nothing big. My property manager in AZ told me once "There are three forms of clean. Clean enough, clean for you and clean enough to impress."
Lets hope one of these houses I see for sale in Houston is clean enough to impress.
04 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment