More from the Eternal City...
Spoon's only half wet with the size of italian coffee. Order the americano.
One of the many arches in Rome. Kind of like churches and Egyptian obelisks. They are everywhere.
Holy line to get into the Basilica. We did okay by leaving the audience a bit early for lunch. I got mustarded, on carpaccio, yuck so God was watching. But we did get into the basilica with minimal lines.
A wise woman once told me, "there is always scaffolding on something in Europe." Thanks P for the tip.
The Pantheon in Rome. Way different than the one down the street from us in Paris. Roman temple converted into a church. Still an engineering feat for 2nd century.
Even better when I remember to bring the fisheye lens. So cool.
Again so much better with the fisheye. "He catch the fish."
St. John Lateran, the original place of the Pope's. Amazing.

The face reminds me of Rodin's Broken Nose man but the body, hmm...I will get back to you.
Again most things better with fish eye.
Just a church. No way. Once long ago, Roman baths. This is why the soaring spaces of St. Peter's and St. John Lateran were inspired.
The quintessial picture of Rome.
Home again to a very annoyed cat and several loads of laundry. Best of all, our own bed. We really enjoyed the food, sites and ruins of Rome. A hectic large city with mediocre transportation system (my feet are proof) but fun all ways. At one point, I joked that I needed a sit. Chad and I vowed to have a sit and a pint at the next Irish pub. Wouldn't you know, not less than 200 yards away from where that was said, we found an Irish pub. Can always count on that!
I had a serious lack of sleep this morning making for grouchy Linda at the airport. No cute old barista either to cheer me up. That combined with 45 Italian teenagers, most of whom were on their very first flight, made for an even grouchier Linda. If I run across them this week, just be ready for an international event!

No comments:
Post a Comment