13 April 2010

P90x results--just the numbers

13 April 2010- After my break in Italy, I have the numbers for you. I lost 7.3 pounds (whew, especially after my feasting on foccacia bread sandwiches), 1.4% body fat. I lost 3.5 inches around my chest, 2.5 inches off the waist, 2 inches off the hips, 2 inches of each thigh. (12 inches total) I added a full inch to each bicep (gun show here I come). I would say that is about a pant size but I know my NY & Co pants run big to start and now they are falling off. Really I need to wear heels with them so they don't drag on the ground.
My diet is trying to eat more protein and less bread. It is a bit like avoiding the siren's song walking around with the smell of fresh bread on the corner, and the pastry case on every corner in Paris. I eat plenty of eggs, try to eat the whites only. Lean ham luckily comes in a handy 3 oz chopped version here. Nuts, cheese (the full fat kind, the French mock the fat free or reduced fat versions anyways), veggies, fruits. Only whole wheat pasta for me, dark rice and other grains.
I do feel much better, have more energy, sleeping a bit better, and able to do more in my day around my workouts. I started up today, P90X classic this time. A lot more resistance training and the ab-ripper workout. Ugh but then I get do get to buy more clothes when my current ones no longer stay on of their own accord.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

As Emma would put it, Go Linda Go!". Congrats and way to have the willpower to resist all those delicious carbs!