18 April 2010

Lists extraordinaire!

18 April 2010- Making my lists, checking 'em twice. Going to find out what makes to Houston...Seriously still a bit in relo limbo. Waiting for official form to get signed for Mobility Specialists to start in high gear.
While waiting for that ball to roll, I have made my lists on what to pack for air and sea shipments, what to sell, what is waiting for us in Houston storage, what our electronics will sell for, what long stay hotel is the best in the Houston area with regards to pet policy ($150 a night is a bit extreme, I highly doubt that much cleaning goes into the room after), what cars we should buy, what refrigerator/washer/dryer to buy (the biggest clothes dryer money can buy, that I will run all the time!), which Massage Envy package to enroll in (already have had 2 tension migraines this week), and on and on. Lists everywhere concerning everything. Comment dit on "control freak?"
Our gardienne (officially one of the nicest people I have ever known) is getting ready to retire at the end of the year. She keeps telling us everytime we see her, that she wants us to come visit her in Portugal. She brought out her daughter (who speaks english) to tell us again last night. So sweet, not a lick of english and her french is only slightly more advanced than mine. I think I would surprise her and visit after learning a bit of Portugese.
Hats off to my friends biking to Austin this weekend for the BP MS 150 ride. Pedal pedal pedal! Chad will be joining in the fun again next year. I am not sure about my sherpa status. Depends who he rides with... 180 miles, you can do it!
Off to make more lists, need to inspect the cave/basement for what on earth we have down there. A tout!

No comments: