16 April 2010

Annulled, perturbed et avec une boisson

16 April 2010- Ugh, so glad we got our travel in under the wire. Most of France trains are perturbed due to strikes and problems. Guess that means we won't try to go to Chartres tomorrow. maybe, who knows? And CDG and Orly have no flights coming in. Ouch. I mean I checked easycdg.com this morning and everything was annulled or cancelled en anglais. Yuck. My friends did get to Dubai but others going to Ireland had to reschedule. Mostly sad for the people of Iceland with huge debts, they get a huge act of God with ash, melting glaciers and disaster. My heart goes out to them.
Had my second to last haircut by my gem of a hairdresser. Such a sweetie, mother tongue english and does a bang up job. He really knows hair. Just for the record, I hate people touching my hair and it took me longer to find a good hairdresser in Texas than in Paris. Thus the second to last haircut. I put my guy on notice for the last cut. Getting that done at the last possible moment before I get on the plane with Chad and the cat to Houston.
After my lovely do was ready for the Paris streets, I took in a bit of apero (kind of a happy hour but different) at my new favorite cafe to hang out at. I had lunch there one Wednesday, hint hint. Such a view, and now with spring fully sprung, the terrasses were open. Sun and a beer with a view of the Iron Lady, priceless. Going to have to repeat that one every Friday until departure day. Bon weekend, hope your travel is safe and timely.

No comments: