30 January 2010

London recap


So for a recap on London. St. Chad was left at home to work and do some valve testing in Paris. My buddy and I left on Tuesday morning during a bit of snow flurries. London was at least 10 degrees colder than Paris, brrr! Need a good set of fish and chips at a pub to warm me up. Walked around a bit, popped into several museums, they are free and lovely in London.


A nice view of St. Pauls for your viewing pleasure. I am now officially a bus rider in London. I don't think we waited much more than 5 minutes for any bus. Much better scenery up on the top level of the red double decker buses than any Tube hole, anyday. We took in a free tour of London starting at the Wellington Arch. We walked around Buckingham palace (no queen, wrong day for changing of the guard), walked by Prince Charles house, St. James Place to Trafalgar and down to Westminster Abbey. Tips only, so I would highly recommend it! If you follow the tour guide to lunch, he gets you 25% off and you can buy tickets to their paid tours. We decided free was a good price and we were limited on time.



These chairs were available at the Tate Modern museum. I guess you could take some time and ponder each piece of art. Three hoover vacuums in a glass box, a dusty up-ended palm tree (daily site in Phoenix during the summer), collection of sleds with fat and felt. Made the Pollock painting look like a stunning piece of work. At least he worked on it (ha ha ha).
I ended up with a head cold. Good thing I speak english and found a pharmacy with drugs and tissues. Due to the head cold, I didn't finish the Ale trail for a free shirt. Maybe in March when we return for a Dave concert? Cheers to speaking english for a few days!

No comments: