1 February 2010- Proof that I went to church on Sunday. Granted it was more like I went to several churches on Sunday, no service. Having a bit of crisis of faith but nothing to worry about. The view is of St. Germain des Pres, I just love that church. It is still painted on the interior. Lovely splashes of color, design and a good feeling for the oldest church in Paris. The tower dates to 800 and the crypt dates from 536. Good stuff.
The best organ in Paris is at St. Sulpice. Between 10 and 11, they have a free organ concert. Amazing to hear the acoustics of such a large neighborhood church. Not to shabby on the details with the Delacroix chapel and super sculptures.
I got my buddy to the train this morning. He was open about being intimidated by trains and buses. Not a big deal for me. I used the bus so much growing up. I think I just really hate driving that much that I would rather have someone else do it for me. He was not used to seeing that many people out and about. Shows what a small town Phoenix still is compared to Paris and London.
Now at home with the laundry going. No more visitors until March. What am I to do? I have several tours, Chad has several trips and we are going to Switzerland next weekend. The Junior kitty has his hacking cough again so once again, vet appointments. Not bad, as long as I schedule them with the english speaking vet. I should go to the flea market for my never-ending search for a french bookcase. It is snowing currently though, and too cold for me and my getting over the cold I found in London.
Agh, the baby is crying aka the washing machine is done and beeping insistently at me. Time to get off the couch.

1 comment:
I would LOVE to hear that organ! Sounds like you have plenty going in February to tide you over to the next vistors in March!
Post a Comment