03 March 2009

Mission day

3 March 2009- Today I was on a mission. In my backpack from my skiing (falling) trip, were my sunglasses. Yes, J LO bit the dust. I bought them during Soldes last summer in preparation for our Spain trip. I just needed something to protect my baby blues. So the cheapy 5 euro glasses were the way to go. It was in Pamplona I learned that they were J LOs. Many of the guys on our trip ended up with very girly sunglasses bigger than mine. One poor guy bought 5 pairs (Muchas gaffas del sol). I have a picture of the guys in Madrid (their first stop) all with nice aviators on. I wonder where those went that they felt the need to buy the trashy J LOs. Back to my mission.
So I needed to replace them as the sun keeps popping out and my transitions lenses are good but only when I have to see. Looking cool is different. Now I could have gone to a nice department store and paid dearly for a nice pair which will eventually end up in sunglass heaven where numerous pairs of mine already reside including my Kate Spades that some sucker in Hawaii did not turn into lost and found. Funny on them once they realized the lenses were prescription, nanny nanny boo boo hey hey. I will always stick with the cheapo glasses. I found some new J LOs at the same store as last year. This time, I bought a pair in black and brown. Luanne is smiling somewhere. Less than 10 euro and I am once again a styling Parisian. Or a direct relative from mine and everyone else's mother in the 80's. These things are huge but excellent on the eye protection.


Just a few nice pictures of my mission today. Hotel de Ville was losing its ice skating rink so I adjusted for the mess that was down in front. Tour St. Jacques was especially nice today with a bit of sky peeking around. Next mission is for an antique bookcase with delivery to the fifth floor and a new lamp. Junior decided he finally enough of my lamp and broke it. Who says I don't know what it is like to have kids?

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

I am on the same mission to find some sunglasses as I have the same problem with them going to sunglasses heaven. I will only buy cheap! Like you, I gotta protect these baby blues. Nice photos!