5 March 2009- The best part of killing time in Paris, what you can find in the meantime. It was quite chilly today, not quite 50 but cloudy and overcast. I had a chocolate chaud, no hot wine available so the hot chocolate did okay. I tried to read at Luxembourg but I got too cold. Plus the police cars were lining up so I knew to get out of the area to avoid the ensuing chaos.

I came across Galerie Vivenne, a front-runner to the malls of today. These passages are still full of cute shops, bistros and the standard book store. Just makes for a pretty picture even when not shopping.

Found some blooms trying to get make their way on the chestnut trees at the Palais Royal park.

Found some tulips trying to pop out of the ground at Luxembourg. Spring is trying, it just needs a bit of warmth.

And another blog first (first time I had a camera here) at Palais Royal. I am reading Alexandre Dumas' Twenty Years Later, the second in the Muskeeters series. The first part takes part here and I was in the area. Very interesting to read a novel written about my town; streets, buildings and areas. The clouds looked a bit threatening so I took the metro home. Time officially killed. Now for some home time and lap time for the cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment