02 February 2009

Super Match

Super Bowl, of course Blogger once again has reversed my photos. Here we are walking to the metro after the Game and most of the Office. Our friend's slingbox was interrupted by his dad accessing it so we missed the last 10 minutes of the Office. I hope our slingbox got it okay. Yes it was snowing this morning. That made it certain that we were not taking Velib home. I don't know how to walk in snow let alone ride a bike in it. We made it all the way through the whole game, no naps. We crashed upon arrival at Chez Nickell. Now Chad is making me pancakes before we get our acts together and get the house cleaned up. Tummy first, errands and chores later.
Ah, the Champs du Mars covered in snow with the shadow of Madame Eiffel peeking in the back. Paris was silent this morning in its shawl of snow. Plenty of people up, just no noise.

The required eating for any SuperBowl, pigs in a blanket. Of course the easiest thing in the world but so good and handy for such an occasion. We also had cake, caramel apple cheesecake, Doritos, queso (a wife brought back Veleeta and Rotel in her bag) and plenty of wisecracks. I saw some ads for the game "the one the world is waiting for". Sorry to disappoint but I doubt the French even knew it going on.
Good game, wanted Arizona to win but now I know that the world is not ending. Tough match but they showed. I do want to know what is up with the light blue for the Steelers. I swear last week I saw a Penguins game and they too were wearing light blue. Is the city of Pittsburgh going soft? No more Yellow and Black? For what, Carolina blue. Sorry again but already taken.
I forgot to chill a beer for the game. It is called Delirium and has pink elephants on the stoneware bottle. I will get it chilled and have a full(?) report later. A bientot!


1 comment:

Cass said...

Love that pic with the silhouette of the Eiffel Tower in the background!

And I'm LMAO at the wife who brought back Velveeta and Rotel! She could very well be my soul mate.