03 February 2009

La emission Francais

3 February 2009- Because we are watching currently, the French television is getting weirder and weirder. The shows start at anytime, nowhere close to the top of the hour. Most of the time we kill time with La roue de la Fortune. Chad enjoys seeing the French version of Vanna, Victoria Slivstedt. She looks like Pam Anderson with about 2 more feet of height. In other words, a giant drag queen. Really look her up on Wiki or other. I digress... The French government has "banned" commericals so most shows that air from 8pm to 1 am have no interruptions. Most of the programming I watch has no commericals anyway, they run the American show with no commericals or Publicite. The movies all start around 845 pm. The American shows currently showing are Friends, Two and Half Men (Mon Oncle Charlie a francais), Les Experts Manhattan (CSI). Slim pickings. Thank you again for West Wing DVDs for Christmas Lu.
I swear my husband is retarded, in french that means slow. He just missed the musique answer of AVE MARIA. "Never heard of it." I found "Swiss Family Robinson" in english last week and was so excited to relive my childhood. He had never seen it. Please anyone who's last name was/is Nickell tell me what is wrong with him. Too much time studying or fishing?
We ordered some good wines from Chad's favorite winery. We had (like it was a bad thing) had to order 4 cases to get it delivered free. Now we don't have to leave the house to get a good bottle of wine. Yes we will since it won't all fit in the apartment, have to retrieve it from the basement. A votre sante' from us and the Mais du Soleil wineyard. Here's to finding something to watch on the telly.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Love the no commercials but it does sound like slim pickings. I must confess that I don't think I saw the Swiss Family Robinson either.