A glimpse of Sacre Coeur from a cute little street. Lot of boulangeries and bonbons...30 January 2009- Okay so it is barely above freezing, but the sun is shining in Paris. I grabbed the camera and went out in search of good shots of the sky. I know photographers should hate full sun, but I am from Arizona and need it. I had my cafe while sitting in the full sun. I sat on the top of Montmartre soaking it in. And now back at home, the cat and I in a perfect line to catch the sun coming thru the kitchen.
Warm can also describe the conversation I had with the sandwich guy. He picked right up on my accent anglais so it was in english. He was asking about my camera and how I like it. He also asked about my earbuds. I was listening to Friday News roundup from last week. He was amazed at how technology allows us to keep up on news and things. He had never heard of podcasts. He said he would ask his son to show him the link so he too could try podcasts for english and other languages. He thanked me profusely for the idea and conversation. Who says the french are rude? I felt bad that my panini cooked so fast and the line behind be grew so I had to be on my way. Next time I want a chevre and tomato panini, I know where to head back.
Time to make my list for the grocery store. I need supplies for Lil smokie pig-in-blanket a SuperBowl regular treat. I will go tomorrow, my legs need to recover from the walk to Montmartre and home. Bon weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment