28 January 2009

Favorite place

28 January 2009- I found the most consistently good food in Paris at the best little cafe'. Cafe Fontaine Sully on rue de Rivoli/St. Antoine right across from Hotel Sully. Oh so good. They have 5 or 6 choices for the plat du jour (dish of the day) and they are always very good hearty french cuisine. I have been there 4 or 5 times after my tour group. We have the cutest waiter who loves to hear english speakers try the french. He giggles like a little girl. And because he sees us on a regular basis, he feels free to make recommendations, give us better wine choices and of course always lets us linger over our coffee and the bill. In France, it is all about the relationship. I will consistently give this cafe my business. Good inexpensive food with good service, always going to get me to return. Someday I will take the husband there. Until then, I will have rendez-vous with my tour girls and the waiter...
Still no luck on the coat replacement. Soldes is over so nothing good is left. Plus I am asking for way too much. A gray, black or dark brown coat, 3/4 length with not much in the way of belts, buttons etc. The standard issue Parisenne coat. I saw one that had way more than the 15 pieces of flair. It just looks ridiculous and I am still 5'10"ish so cute is not really played well on a tall frame.
I have had 3 phone calls today regarding replacement windows. I think this is odd because we are renting. Call the building owner and make the sale. I can't imagine they get many people to bite and certainly not that many in fumbling french such as mine. I just hung up on the last poor chap to call. Really window replacement when it is 40 degrees F outside, not a good idea.
The phone just rang again. Not window salesman, just Chad telling me about his delayed train. Guess I have more goof off time until I have to make the donuts, I mean dinner.

2 comments:

Laura S. said...

Go with the donuts! That cafe sounds great but do you think the waiter will still love you as much if you have the hubby in tow? :)

Linda Alyce said...

I think it is mostly my friend. She is quite the hottie even with 4 kids and hubby.