05 January 2009

Sights of Paris

5 January 2009- Okay just about had it with Blogger. My pictures were uploaded in order but somehow once you click done, it reverses them. ARGH! Anyways, this is currently the courtyard of the apartment. Yes Virginia, that is snow. Much of it is not sticking to street, thank goodness. I can't imagine Paris traffic with snow.
My little view of the snow covered trees in the courtyard. You can see it is not on the ground much but the vegetation is grabbing it and holding tight.
So Chad was sick with the flu and in the honor of the vows we took, he shared it with me. We were shopping Saturday and he looked at me and told me to go home. I got in my flannels, hat and wool socks with the down comforter, blankets and the cat. I was there until I was woken up Sunday morning by loud honking. Now honking is a sport in Europe so I just woke up. I figured it was someone getting married. The town hall is down the street and that is a regular occurrence. Then the honking continued. Then the old school "oowooga" horn sounded. Then a car horn with the tune of "La Cuckracha" (forgive my spelling, blame the Nyquil) got me to inquire out the window. This is what I saw.

Classic cars, muscle cars and other collectible cars streaming down the street. This one made me laugh. One a convertible in January in Paris where the temp is hovering about freezing, two it looks similar to the 1967 model my Gram drove until a few years ago. Mary and her Mustang! Go Gramma go.


Streams of Fiats, Trans Ams ( I could the mullet start to grow) and all other kinds.

Blame Blogger for this orientation. Definitely a rare sight to see Vettes in Paris. You would have to be a crazy person to drive let alone park one of those in Paris.
That is the thing about living in Paris. You never do know what you will wake to in this city. Classic car show, snow, protests, parades and just about everything else you could imagine. Back to bed and my box of kleenex. Bonne sante indeed!

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Ah yes, the reversal of the photos on blogger. I am well familiar with that one and just spend a little time cutting and pasting to get them in the right order. I can't imagine riding around in a convertible in that weather. Feel better soon!