02 January 2009

Frozen or on the rocks

2 January 2009- It has been so long since I have not needed the full get up outside the house. Hat, scarf, gloves, long johns, fleece and wool coat. The temp has rarely gotten over 40 degrees and this morning was right around freezing. The balcony has a nice coating of frost as do the cars on the street. Even vin chaud (hot wine) can't get this chill out.
My visitors have departed Chez Nickell for Florida. They froze this morning as we headed for the train to the airport. They didn't wear all the layers because they know once they get off the plane in Tallahassee, 70 degree weather awaits. I was close to getting on the plane with them, but with the sick Chad at home, I figured he might need me. I got my old dry cough back today, yippee. Now for some laundry, cleaning and staying out of the freezing temperatures outside. Might need to plan a trip to Spain or Guadaloupe to escape the cold. Maybe I should pay back my visitors and just head to Florida to stay at their house.

1 comment:

Laura S. said...

Happy 2009! I hope that Chad gets to feeling better soon.