8 January 2009- I know it is no longer Christmas which means in France it must be SOLDES. This sale is state mandated and happens only twice a year. I missed the opening day, yesterday. Too busy blowing my nose to find any deals.
Today I went out with the idea of buying new pillows. Chez Nickell has some okay feather pillows but the synthetic ones are pathetic. Sorry to the K-Family, they got replaced a week after they left. I came across an inexpensive crepe pan and spatula. Some time for some practice at my flipping skills will be made this week. Chad requires nutella even for my practice crepes. I also got my classically French Le Creuset cherry red enamel cast iron casserole pan. I told Chad when we moved I wanted at least one of these baking pans. I found it for almost half off during today's Soldes. Now I need to make cassoulet, bourgignon, jambalaya and loads other dishes. Should not be hard and the timing is right for those kinds of hearty warm dishes with the layer of frost still sticking everywhere.
So I lied in my blog. Sue me. I never did get back to Notre Dame to improve my video of the creche scene. But here is the changing Eiffel Tower from blue back to yellow. And one of me one year of living in France enjoying my first escargot! It was a cheater dish, I didn't have to dig it out of the shell so only slightly counts as escargot/snails. Tasty with loads of butter and garlic! Next I am set to try oysters but I highly doubt I will ever work up the courage to eat steak tartare.


No comments:
Post a Comment