
My location for a tour today. Another old but goodie picture. I was playing on the computer when I got annoyed with Bill Gates and Vista once again when the PDA beeped at me. I am an uber-nerd and programmed in all important dates and times. OOps, forgot today was tour day. Good thing I had gotten up early so just needed clothes and to catch a bus. God bless that it was at the Louvre, both of the buses out my door go right by it, whew! I left with my keys and some movies for a friend, forgot the camera.

Never mind the blurriness, this is the Caryatids Chamber built by Henri II in 1550. That should be pronounced EN ree DO. Impressive architecture in this palace/museum. I am so glad I belong to this group. I would never know most of the stuff about this building without these tours. Also get to know who his wife was, mistress was and the convenient way to disguise all monograms together. Honestly men are dumb but we let them think they are sly. Who needs to look at the art, just the building itself is fantastic. One room we went into is filled with Roman and Etruscan art just to look at a small historic painting (in the corner anyone else would walk by) of what the room did look like at a certain time. Truly a palace of art and a good way to spend 9 euros and a better part of a day.
I also visited the giftshop as any good museum visit should end. I found a couple of good Louvre books so that future visitors would not be dumbfounded when asked, "What do you want to see in the Louvre." Okay so I got for me as much as the visitors. I also found a good coffee-table book for us. It is all pictures of the Quartier Latin, our neighborhood. It has all the good ones and some that I just can't get with my current lenses on the camera. My souvenir de Paris!
No comments:
Post a Comment