20 January 2009


20 January 2009- Today is the day we receive President Obama, going to watch later this evening with fellow American Expatriates. Cooking some cheeseburgers and of course French Fries. Mine will also have jalepenos on it, got to love the spice.

Our travel schedule now includes a ski trip, this time to the Austria Alps in Innsbruck. We are flying some low budget airline so I will find out if it is worth the cheapness. I am very excited even if I fall on my face, the snow looks so beautiful. Innsbruck was recommended by a fellow debutante skier last year from ski school. We are staying in town and then transporting to the slopes. I doubt the green coat will make the trip. Chad bought a Spyder coat in China and is itching to wear it.

We are also in the planning stages of a Koln-Brussels combo trip. We took Thalys (Belgian train company) to Amsterdam and they were running late. Late enough to give us vouchers for 50% of the cost of the original ticket. So where else do they go, Koln or Cologne for you non-German speakers and Brussels, the capital of the European Union. Chad is taking an empty suitcase so he can bring back beers. We are just waiting to see if we are getting visitors the middle March. Then we will be able to plan accordingly.
Picture is another goodie I found in cleaning up the hard drive. It is Place Vendome where the column is from melted down cannons from Napoleon's conquests. I am just wishing the sky was blue today like in the photo.

No comments: