27 January 2009

Jours de grises

27 January 2009- Not too much going on at Chez Nickell. Gray days outside so no pictures. We spent this weekend with a fellow UNCLE ALer and his family. We went outside of the peripherique (the highway circling the city) and out to the countryside suburbs. We had a lovely dinner and lots of english conversations between the Brits and Yanks. We got a car ride into Paris which is always a rare treat for us. We got dropped off to Chez Nickell and a street full of police vans. I found out the next morning from while having petit dejeuner (breakfast) with another UNCLE ALer that the kids were rioting. Never saw anything except the police having a coffee. I was hoping for an action shot since the blog has been lacking those.
I need a new coat and am trying to get it while everything is still on SOLDES. Wish me luck, so far not finding much in my size. Better luck in my shopping adventure tomorrow after my tour group meets. Hopefully better weather too for some Paris in January pictures.
Thursday is a general strike day. AirFrance, public transportation and the trains are not showing for work. I am sure that will be ironing day, so I will strike as well. Show solidarity with my fellow French workers. Viva la resistance!!!

No comments: