15 November 2007- The Strike has been under way. It caused all kinds of havoc yesterday. Still to early to know yet what today holds. Yesterday was supposed to have been our medical exam but with the strike, even the doctors had a hard time getting to work. We did a bit of shopping at the grocery store. I had to remind Chad several times that we are in temporary housing, have a small fridge (the real reason the French shop every day) and anything we buy and open has to be eaten soon. All the ziploc bags we bought are waiting to be shipped. The good thing is beer and wine at the store are cheap. And beer is strong. We bought a six pack for 3.85 euro and the beer is 7% alcohol. I guess that is a way to go, be toasted all day. Then you don't notice the rest of the stuff is pricey.
Chad teleconferenced in to his meeting in the afternoon and I went for a walk along the Seine. It was a gorgeous day, very few clouds. A bit extra chilly but they sell coffee and hot chocolate by the Eiffel Tower to beat the chill. Twice I had the gypsy trick of the "found" gold ring. Within a few blocks of each other. The first guy I told off (I wear white gold not the original). The second guy I laughed at and pointed to his brother down the street. It is a pretty good scam these street magicians play. I also found a street, Place Rochambeau. Yes that is right, rock paper scissors other name. I even had a Frenchman prounouce it and it is RO-SHAM-BO. Too funny.
I cooked my first meal as a housewife. Not bad considering I had no salt or pepper. Chad ate it but he will eat anything other than melon and raw onions. We went out for a walk after dinner to window shop. We found this district's Monoprix - a French Target from what I hear. The clothing is rather expensive here, good thing I am a clothes horse and already have plenty. We capped off the evening watching the Eiffel Tower twinkle. It does that every hour on the hour. Tres bien!

No comments:
Post a Comment