13 November 2007- I spent some time at flat today. It is quiet during the day. Either everyone was at work or out shopping to stock up for the strike. Tuesday (Mardi) is the day for the street market in our neighborhood. It was raining and I had a trek back to the apart-hotel so I just shopped with my eyes. Good stuff. I saw some really beautiful furniture as well. Mahogany side tables with inlaid. I may have already replaced some furniture before it even has a chance to be loaded on a boat in America. I got the ball rolling on our kitchen. The assistant measured, drew the current plan, and took lots of pictures. It shouldn't cost much for the demo and cabinets. It will be crammed with appliances. Not sure a dishwasher will fit. I already have one, Chad! I cook, he cleans, isn't that how this works?
Chez Nickell is under construction! These pictures offer a glimpse of what the accomodations empty look like. Window coverings will be provided.
And one parting shot. I have seen a few commercials, one Santa decoration hanging off a balcony and no shops yet decorated for Christmas. Imagine that?

No comments:
Post a Comment