16 November 2007

Loose in Paris

16 November 2007 - The strike is going on and it could go thru the weekend. Which means lots of walking. Traffic is bad and parking spaces are create your own. Since most people commute in, they are now driving in to Paris. If you are not used to driving regularly in Paris, I cannot imagine how you do it now. My shoes are going to take it though. I only packed the good ones.

Junior tried to make a break for it. He just couldn't beat the housekeeping staff. Not that I understood much of what she said, but picked up on gist of the conversation. Then he went into hiding in the crevice of the foldout bed. She didn't want me to think she left the bed out for no reason, she just did not want to squish the cat. Could you imagine Junior loose out on these crowded Paris streets? Soon enough we will get him over to the real apartment.

We are getting some rental furniture to outfit the place until our shipping container arrives. Some expats are soon returning to Houston so maybe we can get good deals on some things. I doubt they will deliver though.

It has been cold. I had always planned for the worst. I mean growing up in Phoenix where the temperature didn't really get to freezing but a few times. I didn't see snow, true snow, until last year in Denver. Of course it was a blizzard so as long as that doesn't happen, I should be okay. Gloves, hat, scarf, long coat and I am good to go. And all my gear is like new, used rarely until now. A good thing with this whole strike business. Got to stay warm while walking.

No comments: