12 November 2007

Our first day in Paris



12 November 2007- Our first full day in Paris is over. It must be all down hill from here. We got in with no problems. No more Blu Van, a taxi this time. We had 8 pieces of luggage including both laptop bags. We did pay extra for the taxi because of luggage but it was well worth it. Got to hear some Elvis in the taxi ride down. Sweet. Our temporary housing is a Citadines apart-hotel. Nice but small, the couch folds out to a bed. But it has a bed, full bath, and a tiny but functional kitchen all things we do not have in our flat.

Junior was picked up with the slightest errors on my part. This was the THE item giving me stress, not speaking French and trying to figure out a way to get a cat out of customs and freight delivery. I got him out of French customs fine, he was delivered via fork lift to me. This made me laugh. He is a skinny cat now, no belly swaying like in Phx or early in Houston. We got on the bus, saved myself 15 euro cab fare back to the airport and walked back to the terminal not realizing that I was delivered to the train station via the bus in the first place. We made back on the bus to the train and he made lots of friends on the metro in the city coming home to temp. housing. He scoped out the place and I am sure wondering where the bald guy is.

Chad officially started today. He and I both went back to the airport. I went to rescue Kitty, he went to Prague to check on tank manufacturing. I think he got the better end of the deal. The only problem with this is tomorrow night starts the public transportation strike. Exactly one half hour before Chad's return flight. He may be taking the taxi again. He is then in meetings the rest of the week minus our physicals on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I meet with a rep for what kind of kitchen I want. How bizarre is this going to be? They keep reassuring me that this is not a problem or an inconvenience. Not so sure. Luckily Chad and I have similar tastes so I already know what cabinet color to choose. I get to pick out all my appliances too. Gas cooktop, oven, nicrowave oven, dishwasher (?), washing machine and dryer. I also get to meet the keeper of the apartment building. She ensures the garbage is taken out, will have the spare key to our flat, and overall keeps the apartments going. The faster we get in the flat, the faster it will be living in Paris rather than a hotel in Paris.

sorry for the screen picture on the last post, I have a better one somewhere but you all shouldn't care, that house is sold. Hooray for our realtor and the new owner. A fast close by the end of this week is the goal. One less thing to think about in Texas.

No comments: