1January 2014: What a year, let's do my annual list shall we.
Got into pretty good shape for sea turtles that never got a chance.
Opened my home up to a family member who was not ready for adulthood.
Dealt with other non adult family members.
Gave up drinking for all of lent, all of lent.
Went down under and got no passport stamp, really crazy. I did get the koala pic as proof!
Chopped my hair.
Let my poor guy of a dog down easy, still miss his piles of fur and midnight poops.
Redid my bathrooms, so happy that trigger was pulled. Really I smile every morning.
Sunburned the &u%€? Out of my legs kayaking. But such fun, so peaceful and something I could do on a regular basis. Not the sunburn, I bought SPF fishing pants.
Threw a trip together in under 10 days. Not a true beach vacay but close.
Went into my funky August ness. Not really sure what was to blame there.
Did get encouraged by said non adult in my home to get this accounting stuff started. A student by the way.
Ate my way thru Houston. Maybe part of the August lull was a food coma?
Reassured that women are too strong and powerful, we never need rescuing. Ever.
Went to PHX, first time without seeing my mom. That one stings quite a bit.
Planning our triumphant return to Paris for April.
Got a good friend and I to see Harry Connick Junior. So good. Go if the chance presents itself.
Attended many theater, concerts and astoundingly, didn't break the bank on any of them. My theater teacher from high school died in December and I vow to continue my streak of more events.
Helped too many friends deal with the grief of losing a parent. I hate this age.
For this year, much more kayaking and short trips, more cultural events ( Lascaux and French impressionists in Houston museums), more fun, more friends and more life changes as I approach 38 in 2014. More blogging too, I got a nice new office chair so the computer is beckoning.
01 January 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment