12 October 2011

Whiney Wednesday

So yes the kidney infection that I thought I had received treatment for the end of September didn't even wink at that antibiotic.  My activities on Saturday (hot and sweaty) probably helped me indeed.  My back was sore on Sunday and the ol' heating pad made it a bit more bearable.  Monday was a lot of pain but only when I moved so took a few short extractions and made a doctor's appointment.  By the time I left work, excruciating pain on the right side.  My doctor took one look and sent me to the ER.  Great the only other time I have been a patient (as an adult) was for a monster urinary tract infection.  Me + PEE = ER.  The ER is one of these new-ish boutique ones with staff that sees you in 2 minutes.  Full history, meds, imaging and more meds were done in 2 hours.  I finally got the pain to subside enough to withstand sitting long enough for the drive home in 5 minutes.
So now after 1 1/2 days at home, I can officially say bored but sore.  Still hurts to sit as my kidney showed it was dilated and inflamed.  My kids have been great cuddling right around me to let me know they still care and treats for their good behavior would be nice.
Cheers with my giant glass of water and cranberry juice!

No comments: