14 October 2011

The dregs of daytime television

How many "as seen on Television" items have you ever bought?  I have the Magic Bullet (bought at BBB), many the exercise programs including P90x, and a few other things.  Nothing that I am ashamed about.  Tried Nads but that stuff hurt and I told everyone those Aussies were lying when they said "Pain free hair removal system".  After my experience of being 4 days in bed with aching back and running a temp on occasion, I have seen it all.
Forever Lazy and Jumpin Jammerz are competing footed pajama sellers.  Really?  One of them showed the hazard of washing the dishes while in your Snuggie.  Needless to say, disastrous results.  Really people aren't these called sweats?  I know Old Navy and Target still make them.  Hanes, Fruit of the Loom and even Nike/ Reebok make them.  I have central heating and with today's high temp still being the in low 90's, fever or not, I will not ever need these.
I am going to re-evaluate my husband's handyman skills.  Too many episodes of Design on a Dime were consumed.  I saw an awesome shelf they covered with slices of a branch and it reminded me of the dream table.  There was a table in Paris that had aspen legs and was slices of wood covered in shellac and gorgeous as all get out.  Hmm.  I did this HGTV overdose before while recovering from my shoulder surgery 6 years ago.  We ended up with an accent wall paint color, shelving and hydrangea/rose flower arrangements.  I should really work more.
Also got my Big Bang Theory Fix this week.  How funny is that show?  I am such a nerd.  My sister in law has the Sheldon knock as her ring tone, her name is Penny.  I get it now.  I also caught up on the Office, last seasons with Carrell and this season where the genius has returned.  I love the pranks Jim plays on Dwight.  Classic.
I did venture out a bit tonight.  I paid for it as my fever did spike, quite the sweaty mess in the hairdresser chair but I did buy Chad his hunting whisky, found my halloween costume details, and my favorite cream eyeshadow.  I also picked up my new glasses.  Fancy things with cute details.

Taken with the iMac web cam, not the best color quality but then again I am sick so the greenish hue could be for real.
Back to the bed for me.  A toot!

No comments: