Kind of forgot about the blog for the past few weeks. I promise to take the camera out and document the fires (smoke only so far in Htown), the dead trees and other uplifting things. Geez.
Today of course marks a huge day. I was in Clandestine Lab school on this day 10 years ago and had the frightening task of getting mask fitted, trained in first responder type things and watch several members of my class get called to FEMA relief and airport duty. Shocking. I watched the 102 minute footage and my heart just swelled when after the towers had fallen, the firemen and police continued to pour into the area. Heroes indeed. These commercials interspersed in the football today keeps making me cry. Way more than I did on the original day. Must be that whole 35 year old thing.
Go see the Molly Ringwalds if they come to your city. Hilarious, a good time and great music. Devo, Karate Kid, Pee Wee Herman, Dee Snyder and a Billy Idol knockoff man the vocals and instruments. Hilarious and good.
Found a Belgian resto with awesome beer. Going to have replay that one during this week with our Uncle AL visitor. Yummo!
Off to top my freshly grilled turkey burger with bleu cheese and dig in. Cheers and Happy Patriots day today!
11 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment