Yesterday was a yuck day. I started with a blood draw at the doctors. Just checking on why I have been so sleepy, I suspect the thyroid. Then a drive back to the dealership for new wiper blades, free coupon and they didn't have them on Saturday. I decided to treat myself to my free taco (sense the theme?) and spend another $3.50 coupon at Ulta on their soon discontinued line of cosmetics. I don't care that I won't be able to replenish this exact shade, at $4 an item, golden. I then decided since I had been such a thrifty shopper, I deserved the makings for bloody marys. I pondered over the vodka selection. Pondered and pondered. Stoli, the original made my cut. Just the 750 mL, no need for that much liquor in my house. Quick stop at Costco to replenish Chad's stock of Menage a Trois (yes funny name and our everyday drinking wine). Then at the garage door, chaos struck. I didn't drop the eggs which at $1.69 would have been a better bet. No the $21 bottle of Stoli hit the slate and was anything but solid when it bounced. Craptastic!
Junior had a recheck appointment (rescheduled due to my vampire needing me to fast) and I hastily threw the conehead in the bin and in the beloved Equinox. Much mewing as usual when out of the house for that one. Once we got into the office and I opened the container, he was wet. The old man lost his bladder control. Luckily at the vet so towels were plenty and everyone washed their hands after handling Monsieur Pipi.
I brought him home to dip him in the medicated sulfur dip. Oh yes, he hates it. I have to strip down because I would rather that smell not permeate my clothes. Hair was washed this morning. THe cone of silence was removed for the drying and Junior left us the remnants of his belly on the rug. full of sulfur dip, joyous. Cone resumed the position and the glaring has continued.
Today a bit better at work, not great but hey contract. I did manage to cook us dinner. More jalepeno dogs for Linda. No fresh pico de gallo, I was too hungry to wait. A couple brats for the dude and while he was waiting, he selected our new nightstands. o.co is having a huge sale and with shipping being $2.95, my shameless plug for them. Kind of digging the o.co thing for a while. Never been disappointed. Pictures will be posted upon arrival. That means my house audit is going well!
House audit is a Nickell tradition. We go thru everything (just about everything in these walls) and ponder its usefulness. Have I used this in one year? Enough to keep? If no, then donate it will go. A nice way to keep the clutter down. I have even hit the bookshelves and DVD collection, those rejects will go have a new home at the Houston Public Library. I audited the fact that our nightstands are cheap Target dowel construction. Hooray, those are now set for the guest room which currently has the Paris appartment's printer stands as its makeshift nightstands. The whole house wins. My kitchen is a good site. Decreased the amount of plastic containers, cheap plastic bowls and 2 pairs of shears. I don't even buy bone in chicken so why the extra poultry shears, who knows. By the way, at Home Depot, they sell poultry mesh. Stumped.......chicken wire. Come on now Houston Home depot, don't try to be all fancy on us.
Our previous home owner's vacuum didn't make the list. It will be donated. Anyone need a Bissell pet hair vacuum, free to good home. Will not ship or deliver.
Off to channel Julia Child for a bit of Friday breakfast quiche. If it turns out pretty, I'll post a pic and recipe.
07 July 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hooray for a better Thursday and here is to a great weekend! How was the quiche?
I can't make a proper crust to save my former French soul. Even Julia child's recipe doesn't give me good results.
Post a Comment