Nostalgia- return home and pain
Kind of my mood today. Cleaned my kitchen like a fiend, and tried to rearrange the office. No go as the desk is too big. Chad may think I am threatening but I will follow thru on my smaller desk top purchase. He sat down here and tried to talk me out of it. Ha ha, silly man. I already checked on Ikea.com for the replacement. I warned him to just be aware when he goes hunting this fall, he will come home to a different house.
I have big plans. Painting the bedroom and master bath, as both really need it. Going to refinish his dresser as well. In Current configuration, we have espresso dresser for her, honey for him, medium brown for the bed and newly purchased nightstands and honey bookcase. Thinking I will de honey the bedroom to get everything to coordinate a bit better. Waiting until Fall. But chomping at the bit.
I just took full advantage of snapfish for 99 prints for 99 cents. Yes I kick it old school and print out my pictures. Plus I still have the MILs to send the annual Chad and Linda vacation pics from Cozumel. Found a bunch of Paris pictures that I hadn't printed. Classic ones like me and the Christmas tree made of champagne bottles, baguette classic, my boulangerie (yes I printed several of those since many Chez Nickell guests found that the highlight to their trip), my cheese plate from Le Ciel de Montparnasse resto, and our last days in Paris.
Maybe all this nostalgia is due to the Tour De France reminders that I don't live there. Paris was the last place I saw my parents upright together. Could be. Okay, definitely. Heavy sigh. That chapter is closed. Time to move on. Aimlessly like an arrow shot up in the sky. To land on the ground firmly.
Off to coordinate with my Portland cohorts on the next weekend's plans.
10 July 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are nto alone in printing out pictures. We took advantage of the 99 for 99 as well!
Post a Comment