So having a cute moment with the kitty lounging on the file cabinet staring at me and even glaring at his brother. 7 days of consistent walks with the beast have paid off. I get to see the neighborhood, morph and evolve, and he gets to see grass, wander the streets and bark the neighbors up at 6 am. Good morning!
Nothing like remembering to set the auto program on the coffee pot to keep me awake. Love the coffee. If only I didn't have to go to work... someday my chance will return again.
Did a bit of retail therapy as prescribed by a good friend. Target gift card truly falls into my "No plants, flowers, or other living things" to remind myself of my mother's loss on my life. But in true Linda fashion, I stocked up for spring with some skirts, shirts and a sassy dress. 6 weeks to Cozumel!
Been eating better this week after Monday so no credit deserved yet. I had a luscious parma ham panini with fresh mozzarella. Good thing Nundini is not open after 6 otherwise I would stop by for some gelato. It is less fat than ice cream. Just a scoop? By the way, here is my raving review for Kroger's Private Selection Ice Cream "Salted Caramel truffle." OMG and yes in all caps. Salted caramel swirls in a caramel base with the kicker, chocolate covered salted caramel bits. Truly I am the caramel fanatic now in the house but please put some salted butter in that recipe for caramel. Heart this stuff. Even bought cones to maintain the rationing at an acceptable level. No double scoops but just one perched on a cone, bliss!
My little garden has exploded. Now that I let the pepper plants off the hook and gave them each their own pot, they are a blooming. Tomatillo plant is showing buds too. Little tomato plants are still feeling their way but they should be a month out before flowering as well. My herb garden is my favorite, don't tell the others. Basil, sweet basil, dill, parsley, cilantro. Expect some good herbed bread, pasta and my other favorite (with the fresh Nundini market addition) caprese salad. Fresh tomato, basil and cheese. YUM. And I already ate my two egg whites with ham and a sliver of sourdough.
Off to work I go. Really loving this 4 day work week. Still a bit bummed to work on Saturdays but hey, someone has to do it. Plus I might get to drive a Porsche this weekend. Neighborhood golf outing and they need a car to borrow. oh yes, I volunteered the Mighty Quin for the opportunity to drive a fine piece of german engineering. See if the neighbor bites...
17 March 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment